One of the all-time greatest rock bands in the world is coming to John Paul Jones Arena, and you need to be there to witness it! KISS will be here February 7th, and we have tickets up for grabs. KISS is famous for the face paint they were and the personas they become on stage. We want to see what your KISS character would look like if you were in the band! Here’s what you need to do to for a chance to win:
- Take a selfie using whatever face filter app you’d like (Snapchat, Facebook, etc.). Choose the filter you like the best!
- Name your KISS persona (KISS members are The Demon, The Spaceman, The Starchild, The Catman), have some fun with it!
- Post your pic to on the contest website, and spread the word to your family and friends so hopefully they’ll vote for you.
- The three selfies with the most votes when the contest ends will each win a pair of tickets to see KISS, live in concert!
*Only one entry per person, and only one vote per person. Full contest rules below.
Check out PJ & Kevin’s KISS Photos!
To be eligible to win, you must be a central Virginia resident who lives within Hot 101.9/WHTE-FM’s broadcast signal range. Submissions from outside this range will not be considered in the final vote count and will be deemed ineligible to win. People voting are allowed one vote, one time only. The top eligible pic with the most votes will win the grand prize. In the event of a tie, Hot 101.9 management will cast the tiebreaking vote. Must be at least 18 years old to enter. All other Hot 101.9 general contest rules apply and can be found on our website at hot1019cville.com.
Employees & family members of Monticello Media and our contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
Contest Name: “KISS PHOTO CONTEST” (herein defined as the “Contest”)
Station: WHTE-FM/Hot 101.9 FM (herein defined as the “station”)
Station Address: 481 Hillsdale Drive, Suite 300, Charlottesville VA, 22901
A. Description of Contest:
- “KISS PHOTO CONTEST” is a Contest through which the station, in its sole discretion, will select one individual in the station’s listening area (defined as the following counties: Albemarle, Augusta, Buckingham, city of Charlottesville, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson) from among all photo submissions received and voted upon (pursuant to and in accordance with these rules) (each, an “Entry”) to receive a Mother’s Day prize pack that may include, in the station’s sole discretion, gifts, food, and services (the “Prize”).
- Nominators (as defined below) may submit Entries beginning on 4/26/18 and ending on 5/10/18 at 11:59 PM EST (herein defined as “Entry Period”). Each Entry must depict photo of a mother and her child/children, and each Nominator must have permission from any and all persons appearing in the photo (or if a minor, from his/her legal guardian) to make the submissions.
- All valid Entries will be displayed on the station’s Facebook page at hot1019cville, where visitors to the station’s Facebook page at hot1019cville will be able to vote (pursuant to and in accordance with these rules) during the Voting Period for their favorite Entry (i.e., photo). The Voting Period runs from the time that Entries will begin to be displayed on 11/14/19 until NOON on 11/27/19.
- After the close of the Voting Period, upon review of all Entries, the station will determine the winner of the Prize, in its sole discretion, based upon the Entry that receives (pursuant to and in accordance with these rules, and in the station’s sole discretion) the highest number of valid, legitimate votes. The station will announce the winner of the Prize online no later than 11/28/19.
- The station reserves the right to extend or otherwise change the Entry Period and Voting Period in its sole discretion based on programming convenience, Contest popularity, and overall success.
B. How Contest is played:
During the Entry Period, Nominators may visit the station’s website at http://www.hot1019cville.com and then navigate to the Contest’s webpage, or may visit the Contest’s webpage directlyand follow the directions to complete an Entry and submit a photo of the KISS FACE PHOTO whom they wish to nominate to have the opportunity to be voted upon and to receive the Prize (a nominating listener, a “Nominator”; the mother nominated by a Nominator and depicted in the Entry along with her child/children, a “Nominee”). Each Nominator must complete and submit an Entry with all required, requested information online.
- Nominators must be 18 years of age or older and legal United States residents who live in the 50 States or Washington, D.C.
- Only Nominees residing in the station’s listening area (defined as the following counties: Albemarle, Augusta, Buckingham, city of Charlottesville, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson), are eligible to be selected to receive the Prize. The Nominee (i.e., the mother) must be 18 years of age or older in order to be eligible to be selected to receive the Prize. The Nominee selected to win the Prize must provide the station with valid government-issued identification, proof of address, and phone number to claim the Prize.
- Convicted felons are not eligible to be Nominees or Nominators.
- The station may undertake due diligence on any Nominator or Nominee at its discretion, including but not limited to conducting background checks.
- A Nominator may nominate as a Nominee herself or another individual.
- Limit one Entry per Nominator (regardless whether a Nominator has more than one email address; provided, however, that only one Entry will be accepted per email address).
- A Nominee’s proof of submission of an Entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt of such Entry by the station.
- By participating, a Nominator agrees to comply with these rules and the decisions of the station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- If a Nominator nominates a third-party Nominee (i.e., the Nominator does not nominate herself) and such Nominee is selected as winner of the Prize, the Prize will be awarded to the Nominee and not the Nominator.
- A Nominee who is selected to receive the Prize must agree to these rules in order to claim the Prize.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to submit an Entry.
- By entering the Contest, Nominator agrees that any Entry submitted to the station is the sole property of WHTE-FM 101.9, and may be aired or posted online in whole or in excerpt by the station. Entries submitted to the station will not be returned.
- To be eligible, photo submissions must meet the following criteria: (1) Photos must be deemed family friendly, in the sole discretion of the station, and must comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations. (2) Nominators may only contribute photos that they have taken themselves or that they have all rights to transmit and license and which do not violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person. (3) By entering, Nominator grants permission for the station to receive and display the photo, including but not limited to on the station’s website and Facebook page. (4) Nominator warrants that he/she has permission from any and all persons appearing in the submitted photo (or if a minor, from his/her legal guardian) for Nominator to make the submission and grant the rights described herein. (5) Nominator may not contribute photos that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity or pornography or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations. (6) Nominator may not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this website. (7) By uploading a photo, (a) Nominator grants to the station a perpetual, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the photo and any material included in such photo on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media; and (b) Nominator certifies that any person pictured in the submitted photograph (or, if a minor, his/her parent/guardian) authorizes the station to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the photo and any material included in such photo on the Internet, on television, and in, on, or through all other media; and (c) Nominator agrees to indemnify the station and its affiliates, directors, officers and employees and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from any use of the photo and/or Nominator’s failure to comply with these rules.
Photos that are initially displayed by the station on any and all media and are later determined, in the station’s sole discretion, not to be eligible will be disqualified and/or removed from any and all media. The station will not verify receipt of Entries. The station is not responsible for Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Entries generated by any automated means and detected as such are void. The station reserves the right to remove or disqualify any photo submission that infringes or appears, in the Station’s sole discretion, to infringe another party’s intellectual property rights, or is lewd or indecent, or that contains expressions of hate, malice, racism, misogyny, or is otherwise distasteful or inappropriate in the station’ sole discretion.
- During the Voting Period, visitors to the station’s Facebook page located at facebook.com/hot1019cville will be able to vote, for their favorite Entry (i.e., photo). Each person may vote only one (1) time per day during the Voting Period.
- At the conclusion of the Voting Period, the Entry with the most total valid votes, as determined by the station in its sole discretion, will be named the winner of the Prize.
- The station reserves the right to disqualify votes for any reason, including but not limited to, votes that the station reasonably believes were duplicate votes or votes from duplicate accounts (e.g., where a voter registers multiple times on the website and submits multiple votes on any particular day of the Voting Period). Votes that the station believes were generated by any automated voting system may be disqualified in the station’s sole discretion.
THE FOLLOWING GENERAL RULES APPLY TO ALL MONTICELLO MEDIA LLC BROADCASTING CONTESTS:
Monticello Media, 481 Hillsdale Drive – Charlottesville, VA
For questions, contact 434.978.4408.
Zac Brown Band
The Owl Tour Spring 2020
Thursday. April 23, 2020
John Paul Jones Arena
Hot 101.9 HAS YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
Dan + Shay
The (Arena) Tour
Friday, March 13 at John Paul Jones Arena
Click HERE to purchase tickets!
Hot 101.9 has your chance to SCORE Virginia Football Tickets! Enter for your chance to score tickets to a HOME Game! Good Luck and GO HOOS! Click HERE to enter!
WHTE, 481 Hillsdale Drive – 3rd floor– Charlottesville,VA
For questions contact 434.978.4408.