What is a Mission of Mercy (MOM) Dental Day?
Thousands of low-income Virginians can't afford basic dental care or treatment for acute dental problems. In
response to the shortage of dental resources, the Virginia Dental Association Foundation launched the first
Mission of Mercy (MOM) Project in 2000. A MOM Project is a one or two-day dental clinic staffed by volunteer
dental professionals and community members. Each year, MOM Projects provide FREE dental care for
uninsured and underserved Virginians in communities across the state. Thanks to a grant from the CACF
Future Fund, the generosity of CFC donors, Covenant Church, the Virginia Dental Association, the
VCU School of Dentistry and over 350 volunteers, the Charlottesville Free Clinic is hosting a Mission of Mercy
(MOM) Dental Day in Charlottesville this April. .
WHO is eligible?
The Charlottesville MOM Dental Day is for adults, age 18 or older, who need basic dental care and
cannot afford it. You do not need to be a CFC patient to be seen.
WHAT dental services will be available?
Each patient will receive ONE dental treatment, either:
• Extractions (teeth pulled)
• Routine cleaning
Services for dentures, crowns or bridges will not be provided. ALL SERVICES ARE FREE.
HOW does it work?
You must have a TICKET to be treated:
• Tickets will be given out on Friday, April 19 at 2:00 p.m. at Covenant Church.
• Please expect to wait in line. You will receive a registration packet and a ticket with the time you
should return on Saturday.
• Please complete the forms and bring them with your ticket when you come back on Saturday.
When you return to Covenant Church on Saturday, April 20, AT THE TIME LISTED ON YOUR TICKET:
• You should go to the Patient Registration area.
• Once you are checked in, you will get a health screening.
• You will then meet with a dentist to determine which treatment you will receive, have x-rays if
needed and wait to receive treatment.
• After treatment, you will check out. At this time, you will be giving medications and/or prescriptions
• Please note that you will need to wait for each step in the process. Thank you for your patience!
Additional important information:
• There will be no overnight parking in the Covenant Church parking lot on either
Thursday, April 18, 2013 or Friday April 19, 2013.
• Only patients will be allowed in the treatment area. If you are nervous, we have volunteers who
will be glad to stay with you during your treatment.
• We are not treating children and children will NOT be allowed in the waiting or treatment
areas. If you must bring your children, you will need to bring another responsible adult (over 18)
to watch them.
• Covenant Church is a SMOKE FREE campus. Please do not smoke inside the church buildings or
anywhere on church grounds.
contact us for more information:
CFC Dental Clinic
Phone 434-972-6233 | Email email@example.com | Website www.cvillefreeclinic.org
Please do not contact Covenant Church.